댓글 0건 조회 50회 작성일 21-08-19 10:14
The Delegation of the European Union (EU) to the Republic of Korea is looking for talented and ambitious students to partake in the MEU2021 simulation, co-hosted by the three Jean Monnet EU Centres of Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, Yonsei University and of Korea University. MEU2021 will take place on 14-15 October 2021 at the Obama Hall, as a full day event. The MEU2021 will focus on health security and will simulate a Council of the European Union meeting.
- At least two EU Commission representatives
- At least two Secretariat of the Council of the European Union representatives
- National ministers for environment and health security of the 27 EU Member States
- At least ten journalists
- CV (English)
- 2-min video (English)
The short video should outline the reasons and motivations for the application, as well as the student’s qualifications and skills.
Please upload your application (CV and video) to the following link:
- Motivation and good command of English
- Interest in European and international affairs
e.g., participating in academic studies, internships and other activities related to political science, international relations, journalism, communications, etc.
* The selection will be gender-balanced, equal opportunities to participate in the simulation will be given to both women and men.
August 31st, 2021 (Tuesday)
* Selected students will be notified as of September 10th, 2021 (Friday).
Selected students are required to complete a 10-hour online training programme prior to the simulation. The course will:
- Provide the necessary background information to prepare for the MEU 2021;
- Provide introduction on the European Union, an overview of the EU’s approach to health security challenges;
- Provide detailed guidelines on the roles and procedures of the Council of the EU;
The online training is free of charge / available in English.
A MEU toolkit providing guidance on the process will be available in Korean.
- The three best students will win the possibility to travel to Brussels (Belgium) to attend a winter school for ten days (Travel and accommodation costs, as well as the Winter School’s fee will be fully covered for the awarded students);
- All participants will receive a Certificate of Participation signed by the EU Ambassador to the Republic of Korea.
Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact adding “MEU 2021” in the subject line.
We hope you will take advantage of this unique opportunity to learn more about the European Union, its structure, procedures, dynamics and its initiatives to advance health security, as well as to improve your negotiation, public speaking and conflict resolution skills. We also hope you will gain inspiration for dealing with health security in the Republic of Korea, and that you will contribute to strengthening the EU-the Republic of Korea strategic partnership.
Extended Call for application_MEU 2021 ENG.docx (37.7K)
0회 다운로드 | DATE : 2021-08-24 10:30:19
- 이전글The World Congress for Korean Politics and Society 2021 - EU & Peace-building in East Asia 21.08.19
- 다음글Project Assistants Wanted (~08/11) 21.07.27
등록된 댓글이 없습니다.